The IICRC announces the publication of the newly-revised ANSI/IICRC S500 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration (Fifth Edition, 2021).
This popular standard describes the procedures and precautions when performing water damage restoration in residential, commercial, and institutional buildings, and the systems and personal property contained within those structures.
- Principles of Water Damage Restoration
- Microbiology of Water Damage
- Health Effects from Exposure to Microbial Contamination in Water-Damaged Buildings
- Building and Material Science
- Psychrometry and Drying Technology
- Equipment, Instruments, and Tools
- Antimicrobial (biocide) Technology
- Safety and Health
- Administrative Procedures, Project Documentation, and Risk Management
- Inspections, Preliminary Determinations, and Pre-Restoration Evaluations
- Limitations, Complexities, Complications, and Conflicts
- Specialized Experts
- Structural Restoration
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Restoration
- Contents Evaluation, Restoration, and Remediation
- Large or Catastrophic Restoration Projects
- Materials and Assemblies
Grab your copy at https://iicrc.org/.